Tuesday, November 30, 2021

It's That Customer Thing Again.....Cool Comfort

Using the Baldrige Excellence Builder is one way companies can begin addressing issues that will improve their organization.
NIST

View As Web Page

Blogrige-revise

It's That Customer Thing Again.....Cool Comfort

Upset delivery man moving a refrigerator looking at the customer holding the phone that says customer service call ended.

By Harry Hertz "The Baldrige Cheermudgeon"

The Purchase

It all began with buying a second refrigerator to place in our garage. With supply chain shortages, I thought we were really lucky when we found one that was exactly what we wanted at a large national chain. And it could be delivered in five days.

The night before the delivery, we got a call informing us of a two-hour window for the delivery (2:30 - 4:30 PM). So far, so good!

On the day of delivery, I was in charge because my wife was at a luncheon. At noon, I went for a bike ride and swung by our house at 1:45, purely by coincidence, because that's where I was on my route. Lo and behold, as I drove by, a delivery truck was approaching my house. I stopped, and the driver got out and said I had perfect timing. He was there to deliver my refrigerator. (Based on the rest of my story, I don't want to think about what would have happened if I had not chanced to pass by my house.)

Read More

Baldrige Performance Excellence Program
NIST

If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com.
Technical questions? Contact inquiries@nist.gov. (301) 975-NIST (6478).

This service is provided to you at no charge by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). 100 Bureau Drive, Stop 1070 · Gaithersburg, MD 20899 · 301-975-6478

GovDelivery logo

No comments:

Page List

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Financial Fraud News Update

Offices of the United States Attorneys   You are subscribed to Financial Fraud  ne...