Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Meet the 2021 Baldrige Judges: An Interview with Cary Hill

Interview with New Baldrige Judge Cary Hill
NIST

View As Web Page

blogrige revise

Meet the 2021 Baldrige Judges: An Interview with Cary Hill

Baldrige Judges Panel Cary Hill with a background panel of people having a discussion.

Each year we interview the newest members of the Judges' Panel of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award to share their individual insights and perspectives on the award process, their experiences, and the Baldrige framework and approach to organizational improvement in general.


Photo of Carry Hill 2021 Baldrige Judges Panel.

 

 

Cary Hill

Results Coach
Lead4Results
Texas


What experiences led you to the role of Baldrige judge?

I was part of an applicant organization (MESA) that is a three-time Baldrige Award recipient. In fact, I was there for most of its Baldrige journey over a 15-year period. During those years, I really admired the Baldrige examiners who came to MESA on site visits, so after MESA received its first Baldrige Award in 2006, I thought I would give it a try to see how I liked being an examiner myself. I loved it—so I continued participating year after year as an examiner for ten award process cycles.

I also led the Oklahoma Quality Award Foundation (a member of the nonprofit Alliance for Performance Excellence, comprising regional and state-level Baldrige-based award programs) for about five years, and I was involved with all aspects of that program.

Having been exposed to a lot of high-performing organizations during all of that experience, I thought the opportunity to be a Baldrige judge would add a new dimension to my perspective of the Baldrige Award process, so I am grateful for the opportunity.

Read More

Baldrige Performance Excellence Program
NIST

If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com.
Technical questions? Contact inquiries@nist.gov. (301) 975-NIST (6478).

This service is provided to you at no charge by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). 100 Bureau Drive, Stop 1070 · Gaithersburg, MD 20899 · 301-975-6478

GovDelivery logo

No comments:

Page List

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

One Truth About Trump Most People Have Never Heard

qqqq ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏...