Tuesday, January 11, 2022

A Time for G*R*A*C*E

Harry Hertz shares thoughts from the organizational perspective on the five graces: gratitude, resilience, aspiration, courage, and empathy.
NIST

View As Web Page

Blogrige-revise

A Time for G*R*A*C*E

Our organization offers you GRACE (showing employees holding signs for gratitude, resilience, aspiration, courage, and  empathy)

By Harry Hertz "The Baldrige Cheermudgeon"

I hope the recently completed holiday season was a joyous one for you. I find this season provides an annual time of reflection for me; a time to be thankful for the opportunities I have had and for the support of my family. It is for me a time of grace.

The Merriam-Webster Dictionary has multiple definitions for the word grace. The one I am referring to this time of year is, "disposition to or an act or instance of kindness, courtesy, or clemency." Have I exhibited grace during the past year and can I do more in the coming year?

Five Graces

Apparently, similar thoughts were on the mind of Gary Burnison, the CEO of Korn Ferry. He recently wrote about his inspiration this time of year based on the five graces: gratitude, resilience, aspiration, courage, and empathy. As I reflected on these five graces, I began to contemplate the meaning of these graces from an organizational perspective, in addition to my personal perspective. I would like to share some thoughts from the organizational perspective.

Read More

Baldrige Performance Excellence Program
NIST

If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com.
Technical questions? Contact inquiries@nist.gov. (301) 975-NIST (6478).

This service is provided to you at no charge by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). 100 Bureau Drive, Stop 1070 · Gaithersburg, MD 20899 · 301-975-6478

GovDelivery logo

No comments:

Page List

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Financial Fraud News Update

Offices of the United States Attorneys   You are subscribed to Financial Fraud  ne...